This is a mountain bike event so no bicycles with drop bars will be allowed. Tri bars are also not allowed.
- All participants are required to wear an approved helmet at all times while they are riding. Failure to ride with a helmet will result in disqualification.
- By participating in this even, participants are riding at their own risk. The routes used during the event are open to traffic! There are no road closures, police escorts, or course marshals. Cyclists must ride defensively with safety as their utmost priority! Neither the organizers nor its volunteers are responsible for the negligence of motor vehicles during these events, even if it results in injury or loss of life.
- Riders shall obey all rules of the road! It is the rider’s responsibility to know the laws of the road and to follow them. Flagrant disregard of local and provincial traffic laws will result in disqualification. Please come to a complete stop at all stop signs and red lights and use hand signals appropriately.
- Lights are compulsory while riding during hours of darkness. Riders must have a white front headlight and a bright red taillight. The red taillight must be on at all times and not flickering. Be sure you have fresh batteries! Participants riding during hours of darkness without operating lights will be disqualified! Please keep in mind that it is prudent to ride with VERY GOOD lights! It is much easier to ride when you can confidently see where you are going. Additionally, you will be able to ride more safely when weary-eyed drivers can easily see you from behind.
- Each rider must also have a space blanket and whistle with them at all times.
- Prior to the start of the event, each participant will receive a GPS route file that will provide turn-by-turn directions and locations of support points and checkpoints. Participants must stop at each checkpoint to have his/her time recorded by the official. If an official is not present, the cyclist should make a mental note of the time they reached a checkpoint. A participant may be disqualified if he/she misses a checkpoint. If a cyclist leaves the route, he/she must return to the route at the exact same location.
- The event has a time limit of 24 hours maximum. All participants must complete the course within the designated time limit to be listed as an official “Finisher” and will receive a medal.
- Various checkpoints along each stage may also have time cut-offs. The time limits are imposed to maintain event integrity and allow other participants to receive the support they need to successfully complete the event.
- As a courtesy to the drivers of the support vehicles, we formally request that participants do not lean their bicycles up against a support vehicle. This can cause scratches to the support vehicles and may inhibit other riders from gaining easy access to their gear bags.
- The race director reserves the right to remove any rider from the course for the reasons related to their own safety or the safety of others!
- Any rider or support crew member found cheating or deliberately violating the above rules will be disqualified.
- The race director reserves the right to interpret any existing rule or regulation, or to invoke new rules or regulations that are deemed necessary. The race director’s interpretation and decisions regarding the rule is final.
- The race will continue in rainy weather conditions but as rider safety is out top priority, the organizers reserve the right to postpone or cancel the event due to extreme weather conditions or dangerous road conditions.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct, including, but not limited to, foul or abusive language, insults and rude behaviour, acts of violence among riders or event officials or volunteers, failure to follow the instructions of an event official or volunteer, or intentionally causing a crash may result in disqualification of the rider(s) involved and possible suspension from future events.